Saturday, March 7, 2009

Comme des Garçons







When you think so far out of the box that the box becomes deconstructed, asymmetrical and upside down... It becomes Comme Des Garcons.

Rei Kawakubo's mind must be filled with fascinating things. I mean.. she's Genius! To take everyday garments and deconstruct them in ways that are beautiful takes an artist.

I became infatuated with Japanese designers while working at Issey Miyake. I learned that femininity is more than just having a fitted garment. It taught me construction in ways I could never imagine. It taught me to understand and appreciate the basic form and shapes given to us. It helped me be creative. It taught me true art.

Japanese designers have become inspiring to me. They understand fashion/art in a completely different way than Americans, and has turned me into the designer I am today.



No comments: